New Zealand

Police to give new briefing on Ellerslie homicide investigation

Detective Inspector Scott Beard speaks to media after a homicide on Celtic Crescent in Ellerslie, Auckland.

Lead investigator Detective Inspector Scott Beard on Thursday announced that police believed Mei Han Chong may also be the victim of foul play.
Photo: RNZ / Nick Monro

Police are this morning set to update media on their investigation into the killing of Auckland man Fuk-Fu Kwok, and the disappearance of his wife, Mei Han Chong.

The 66-year-old man was found dead at his Ellerslie home on Monday evening, while Chong has been missing since then, along with their car.

Chong does not drive and police say she may be the victim of foul play.

Lead investigator Detective Inspector Scott Beard on Thursday said that they had grave concerns for Mei Han Chong’s safety.

Public information was vital to police progressing the investigation, he said.

Detective Inspector Beard was booked for an interview with Morning Report this morning, but the police media team have cancelled all his media rounds.

Police have subsequently announced that there will be a media briefing on their investigation at 8.30am.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button